Sunday Bake - Cashew Nut and Peach Cake

For this weekends Sunday bake I wanted to try making something different to my usual style bake with a bunch of nuts and a heap of old school juicy fruit! So on spotting peaches and cashew nuts nestled next to each other on a shelf in the local shop I thought why not! I can never understand why ground almond are quite as expensive as they are but I love using them when I bake all the same. 

You will need:
150g ground almonds
300g self raising flour
3 ripe bananas
100g golden caster suger
1 tin of peach slices
100ml sunflower oil
100g cashew nuts
1 tsp baking powder


Pre heat your oven at 175oC. Blend together bananas, oil and sugar til well combined. now add the dry ingredients and beat well to get as much air in as possible... often this style of vegan cake can be quite dense so the more beating the better!

Stir in your peach slices and cashew nuts and transfer the maixture into a well greased/floured tin. I found this beauty of a bunt cake tin at the car boot sale a few weeks back for 50p!
Bake for 40 minutes and stab with a knife to check the center is cooked.


Once cooled drizzle with peach juice from the can mixed with 3 tablespoons of icing sugar. Mmm sugary sweet!