Inspiration - Embroidered Wall Hangings






Embroidered wall hangings come in all shapes and sizes, some almost as old as time. Over the past few weeks following a hand embroidery workshop I taught Super+Super I decided to try out a new sewing project that's been in mind for a while and so began to play around with stitching onto different surfaces using longer stitches and different colour combinations. Clearly influenced by current trends for all things banner and woven wall hangings this is what I ended up with after a couple of hours here and there embroidering. It was really satisfying working without a strict plan, exploring with no set outcome! The small geometric pieces which I bordered with very thin mt washi tape are satisfying and simple pops of colour and I will be exploring them further over the weeks to come. I love finding a new angle its so refreshing!